Homegrown Chef is hosting their 2nd Burger competition, Burger Showdown 2.0 on Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Brooster’s Backyard Icehouse at 815 Pleasanton Road, San Antonio, TX 78214.
The community fundraising event will feature some of the best chefs from San Antonio to compete. Besides top chefs and gourmet sliders, Homegrown Chef Edward Villarreal will also be making the his fresh fried-French fries.
The outdoor event will allow you to enjoy a one-night burger feast. It’s an audience voted competition so, your vote has excellent value for every Chef as it helps decide the winner of the contest. The first winner chef will get a cash prize and trophy.
Here is the list of the competitors:
- Diana Anderson of JD’s Chili Parlor
- Robert Cantu of the Thompson San Antonio Riverwalk / The Moon’s Daughters
- Adrian Cruz of Ghost Kitchens SA and Gunslingers
- Joseph Thadeus Martinez of Tributary – Modern Texas Cuisine
- Joseph Perez of The Esquire Tavern
- Ricardo Ramirez of The San Antonio Country Club
- Toby Soto of Humo of San Antonio
- Ceasar Zepeda of Sangria on the Burg and Alamo Biscuit Company
All the funds provide fresh vegetables and fruits to San Antonio families and industrial folks in need. It is supported by the Big Fresh Market Box program of the Big State Produce Co. industry. For more information, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
VIP tickets are $75 a person and allows you to enter the competition 30 minutes before it begins; there are only 25 VIP tickets available. Every VIP ticket has one drink ticket and a certificate for a Big Fresh Market Box of fresh produce.
Note: Drinks are not included except for the VIP ticket holders. You can purchase drinks at Brooster’s on the day of the event.
The sponsors of Burger Showdown by Homegrown Chef are Brooster’s Backyard Icehouse, Big State Produce, Unifresh, and Live From the Southside.