8 Southside San Antonio Fiesta 2018 Events
Fiesta time is days away! And though most of us head to the downtown area or other parts of town to engage in the festivities, some of us like to stay in our Southside neighborhood. Here are 8 Southside San Antonio Fiesta 2018 events: you can enjoy with the family:
- Run to Remember – Fiesta Color Run 5k & 10k - The Run to Remember 5k/10k is on Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 8am at Mission County Park Pavilions at 6030 Padre Dr. 78214. The run promotes a healthy lifestyle and brings awareness to Alzheimer’s disease. Put on your brightest Fiesta active wear and join the Alzheimer’s Association on this event. All funds raised will benefit the Alzheimer’s Association in San Antonio. The event is free and to race is $25-$35. For more information visit: www.alz.org/events3
- SARR Fiesta Mission 10k, 5k, and Kid’s Run - This scenic run is on April 22, 2018 at 8am and starts at Mission County Park #1, 6030 Padre Dr. and goes through the River Reach area. Join the San Antonio Road Runners as they promote health and fitness and are excited to help you get in shape. All adult participants will receive a Fiesta medal. For more information visit: www.saroadrunners.com
- Mission Reach Flotilla Festival - The Mission Reach Flotilla Festival is a free family-friendly event and known for the Flotilla Paddle and Costume Contest Parade, decorative watercraft contest, music, local food vendors, kid friendly activities, and arts and crafts. The fest is on April 21, 2018 at 11:00 am - 5:00 pm Mission Park Pavillions, 6030 Padre San Antonio, TX 78214. The event brings awareness to the newly developed mission reach recreation project of the San Antonio River that includes hike and bike trails, pavilions, and other outdoor recreation amenities. For more information visit: http://www.sariverfoundation.org
- Incognito: Fiesta’s Masquerade Dance Dance Dance Party - Incognito is high-energy Fiesta dance party where you can wear costumes and masks. The dance dance dance party features live music from three of San Antonio’s cumbia and reggae-rooted bands. The party is on April 21, 2018 from 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm at the Mission Marquee Drive In, 3100 Roosevelt Ave. 78214. Food, fun, music, and kid’s activities are all part of the party and you can bring your own blankets and folding chairs. Any proceeds from Incognito goes to funding URBAN-15’s many programs for youth and senior citizens throughout the city. For more information visit: www.urban15.org.
- A Day in Old Mexico & Charreada - A Day in Old Mexico & Charreada is perfect for those who want to explore deep-rooted customs of a Charrera. (Charrera originated in 19th century as a way for the landed gentry to prepare horses and riders for war, it later evolved into an equestrian competition featuring horse reining, bull riding and artistic roping skills. Today’s charros wear the traditional clothes and use horse equipment as required by the Federation of Charros in Mexico.) The family-friendly event is on April 22, 2018 at 3:00 pm at Rancho del Charro on 6126 Padre Dr. San Antonio, TX 78214. Enjoy food and drinks, pony rides, Ballet Folklorico performers, and Mariachi music. The admission to the event is $20 for adults and $5 for children ages 6-12. Cash only. For more information visit: http://www.sacharros.org
- PACfest - PACfest is one of the largest Fiesta events in the Southside. Its family-friendly and features, music entertainment, games, food, and a carne asada contest. PACfest is on April 26, 2018, from12:00 pm - 10:00 pm at Palo Alto College, 1400 W Villaret Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78224. Admission is $5, free for children under 12, and free with a current Alamo Colleges ID. For more information visit: http://www.alamo.edu/pac
- San Jose MissionFest - MissionFest has been a Southside tradition many generations and a Fiesta event for 17 years. It begins at 9am with an outdoor Mariachi Mass on April 29, 2018 at the Mission San Jose Church, 701 E Pyron Ave, San Antonio, TX 78214 and the festivities are from 10:30am – 11:00pm. This family event is all about delicious food, live entertainment, a carnival, county store, and many memories to be made. MissionFest proceeds benefit Mission San Jose Church, a now living World Heritage Site. Admission is $5 for adults beginning at 4 pm and children 12 and under are free. Free parking will be available, and you can bring your own lawn chair. For more information visit: http://www.sanjosemissionfest.com
- Festival De Cascarones - End Fiesta at one of the most fun and exciting celebrations! This is the 7th year of Festival De Cascarones; its on April 29, 2018 from 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm at Texas A&M University at One University Way, One University Way, San Antonio TX 78224. This free event takes place at one the fastest growing universities in our great state of Texas. The fest is family-friendly, and the parking and admission is free. For more information visit: www.festivaldecascarones.com.