South Padre Island KOA has become our home away from home when visiting the island. It has everything you could want and need to make your stay comfortable, unique, and fun. This time around we stayed in one of their deluxe lofts; it was cute, cozy, and gave us a perfect sunset view.
Here are our top 10 reasons to stay at KOA Holiday in South Padre Island, Texas:
- Location, location, location… KOA Holiday is located right on the gulf coast. Enjoy the sunset right outside your door in their waterfront cabins.
- Resort style amenities… Their year-round activities include a 25-meter swimming pool, a large hot tub, recreation room, basketball, horseshoes, tetherball, exercise room, and Zumba classes, Aqua Zumba classes, floor aerobics, tone & stretch classes, and pool aerobics.
- Great food… Enjoy a wonderful dining experience over the water right on the bay. Pier 19 is a great place to eat, relax, or have a few cocktails with coastal view. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and conveniently located just a short walk from your RV site or your cabin at KOA Holiday.
- Lodging options… If you’re traveling with the family, a few friends, or planning a romantic getaway, you can choose from a waterfront deluxe cabin, waterfront cabin, loft deluxe cabin, studio deluxe cabin, condos, a spot for your RV, and for your tent.
- A place for your pets… KOA Holiday’s Kamp K9® Dog Park is a great way to let your doggies enjoy themselves too! There is seating available by the bay as you watch your doggies play. There are also two dog walk areas by the bay complete with bags for clean-up.
- Activity center… Or better known as the Commons. It has a large TV, ping pong table, books, magazines, games, sofas, and tables and chairs for to play games or get some work done on your computer. The Commons also has a kitchen for events, groups, and a fully equipped fitness center.
- Marine life viewing and fishing trips… No need to search the island for fishing trips or wildlife viewing trips, Osprey Cruises are conveniently located right on the KOA Holiday docks.
- FREE shuttle service… Get around on the island and even cross the bridge to Port Isabel on The Metro shuttle. It stops right in front of KOA Holiday.
- Kampstore… Forget your sunscreen or RV supplies? No problem! KOA Holiday has a store right on its grounds. From souvenirs to snacks, they have just about everything.
- Events and activities… At KOA Holiday, the fun is year-round! There is always something fun going on no matter the season. Follow South Padre Island KOA Holiday on Facebook to keep up with all the latest events, activities, and join their Facebook SPI KOA Winter Fun Group if you plan on visiting in the cooler seasons.
Though we only listed 10 great reasons to visit KOA Holiday, what keeps us going back year after year, is the superb customer service. With lots to do and see within walking distance, you will always have an adventure to remember. Visit their website for more information and reservations.